Rosary Army #231 – Save Greg’s Beer!

Sierra NevadaBoycott Sierra Nevada Beer Until They Apologize, Filming New Episodes of That Catholic Show, New CNMC Sponsors, Busy Days, and Dumping Feedback. 206-984-1899 for Feedback!

Links and songs from this episode:

Contact Information for Sierra Nevada Beer:
Sierra J. Grossman
Brand Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
1075 East 20th St
Chico, CA 95928
Tel: (530) 893-3520
Fax: (530) 893-1275
www.sierranevada.com

Click the Play Button to Listen:

Play

podcast

10 responses to “Rosary Army #231 – Save Greg’s Beer!”

1. Dan says:

Greg:

OH MANNN!!! What Curt did to you, you just did to me with Sam Adams!!! 🙁 Oh well, Killian’s is less expensive anyway (and DON’T start telling me anything about THEM now!! As Sypher from The Matrix put it, “Ignorance is bliss!”).

Good to FINALLY hear from you two! Can’t wait for TCS season two to start.

Pax Vobiscum,

Dan from Boston

2. Terry says:

Hey, you used my show intro idea (i.e. saying just Rosary Army, rather than Rosary Army Catholic Program).

Victory!

Just as long as we don’t start bad-mouthing wine, I’ll be pleased…

3. Bill says:

Two words for you, Greg: Home Brew

Either that or find a local micro-brewery that does not support PP, abortion mills, etc.

Too bad about the beer. Good luck trying to get a company with HQ in California take a stand against supporting abortion. We could all pray for it, but I’m thinking that you will be able to run off many many batches of home brew before it comes to pass.

Home brew is better for you anyway. You’ll never find a mouse in your bottle. Or a finger. Or a wristwatch. Or … you get the idea. Home brew.

4. Mickey Addison says:

Dude…as a Texan I also have two words for you: “Shiner Bock.”

Made in the German-Czech Catholic tradition at the Spoetzel Brewery in Shiner, Texas….

Say it with me….Shiner Bock….(of course there’s also Shiner 98, Shiner Blonde, and Shiner Light…)

Good with barbeque (beef of course…) and Mexican food!

5. Isaac says:

You have got me wondering about how many of the manufacturers of the products that I enjoy also contribute to planned parenthood. How can I find out? It’s sad to say, but maybe the list would be shorter of the companies that don’t contribute to them.

6. Joanne says:

I emailed the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company to voice my concerns, and received this email in return:

Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write and voice your concern about a donation we made to the Women’s Health Specialists of California, formerly Chico Feminist Women’s Health Center, two years ago.

As with many of the non-profits in our area, the Women’s Health Specialists approached us requesting support for an event they were having to educate the community in the importance of cancer screening, whether it be breast or cervical. The Women’s Health Specialists dedicates itself to a wide spectrum of women’s health issues. We donated 4 cases of beer to that specific event.

We would like to clarify this situation as it relates to our community support. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. does not engage in controversial or political agendas; rather, we do our best to be a good corporate citizen and support all non-profits that endeavor to assist the community with their services. We are disheartened that the Rosary Army has interpreted a small donation of beer for a local event by our company more than two years ago for cancer awareness as approval or support for abortion.

Respectfully,

Sierra Grossman

Brand Manager
    Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
    1075 East 20th St
    Chico, CA 95928
    Tel: (530) 893-3520
    Fax: (530) 893-1275

7. Cori says:

Another Texas endorsing Shiner Bock..

8. Thanks to the Rosary Army for bringing attention to this matter. The letter Joanne received from Sierra Grossman is a marginal improvement over the one I received in October. The problem isn’t so much the amount of the donation. Whether it was a million bucks, four cases of beer, or just a six pack, Women’s Health Specialists now lists Sierra Nevada Brewing Company as a donor and supporter of their work on their organization’s literature. The public endorsement of Sierra Nevada Brewing is a great credibility booster for the abortionists, and is worth more than any amount of beer or money they could donate.

9. […] support for a local abortion mill. Thanks to Catholic Beer Review, The Curt Jester, and the Rosary Army (listen to their podcast) a boycott of Sierra Nevada’s products seems to be picking up steam. […]

10. Scott Maentz says:

I’m really bummed to get this news. I, too, am a lover of their Pale Ale. As a matter of fact, I just this week I purchased a 1/2 barrel for my tapper in our new home. Geez, now I’m going to feel guilty every time I pour a cold one. As Jennifer said in the show, ignorance is bliss.

I sent email feedback to Sierra Nevada on my plan to join you in solidarity and boycott future purchases of their products until they issue an apology. Let’s pray that they do!